- Company News
- E.N.T. / MaxFax
- General Surgery
- Product News
- DTR Medical & MediWales: Continuing ENT Diagnosis Throughout COVID-19 Safely
- University Hospitals of Morecombe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT) Annual ENT Study Day 2020
- Dilemmas in Periocular Tumour Management: Orbital Tumours
- The 7th Manchester Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital Dissection Course
- 13th Gynaecological Cancer Symposium: Cervical Cancer
As more regular procedures return, the Innovia Medical family of companies are increasing their manufacturing capacity to ensure our customers have the products they require.
We are focusing on essential product lines to support urgent procedures such as cancer diagnosis, including our Cervical Rotating Biopsy Punch.
Our Single-use instrument eliminates cross contamination, inadequate samples and repeat procedures making it the instrument on choice for busy Colposcopy clinics dealing with the COVID-19 patient backlog. With around 2.1 million people currently waiting for breast, bowel or cervical screening in the UK and Cervical cancer screening down 68% in the USA, the importance of a good biopsy is essential in reducing time to an accurate diagnosis. This has had a global impact with 42% of countries cancer treatment having been severely disrupted since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What’s more our Biopsy Punch ensures a high-quality sample to be taken, even from a hardened cervix, leading to efficient Pathology laboratory results and quick diagnosis. This removes the dilemmas Clinics face when experiencing blunted reusable instruments that is; inadequate sampling, the impact in having to find an alternative handle or having to rearrange appointments to a different day resulting in patient recall.